Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are seeking a motivated individual to establish and lead the human resources function in a fast-paced start-up biotech environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a quickly growing, dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, must be detail-oriented, and must be comfortable multi-tasking while seamlessly pivoting to meet changing priorities.
With the imminent launch of our first commercial products, this key position will join and support an exciting and fast-paced team focused on changing the way life sciences research can improve the lives of patients. This role reports directly to the CEO and will bring strategic HR expertise across recruiting, retention, benefits administration, training and development, and employee relations.
Employee Relations and Compensation
- Manages the full recruitment process for Vizgen.
- Partner with recruiting firms and hiring managers on recruiting priorities and performs sourcing and targeted candidate outreach.
- Analyzes market data to make compensation and benefit recommendations to ensure we are an employer of choice in the market.
- Develops and recommends recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs; advises management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting and retention strategies.
- Drafts and presents offer letters to prospective employees, process all onboarding related paperwork, and supports new employee orientation.
Learning & Development
- Represent company culture initiatives through internal and external outreach and ensure employee and leadership alignment with company values and mission.
- Direct management and employee actions by developing, updating, and communicating HR policies, guidelines, and processes.
- Addresses employee relations issues and provides conflict resolution.
- Supports reporting needs for CEO to include reporting in to Vizgen leadership team on HR trends and issues that impact business objectives.
- Ensure compliance and reporting with all applicable policies and employment law requirements.
- Develop, plan, and implement strategies and processes to ensure employees are compensated fairly
- Oversees internal and external training program, ensuring a commitment to learning is part of the employee experience.
- Monitor employee professional/career development and succession planning.
- Coordinates the scheduling and logistics for all company trainings and hosts frequent all-staff meetings and trainings.
- Provide individual, departmental, and leadership coaching and education on areas such as company policies and benefits, reviews and performance, organizational change initiatives, and assorted HR trainings.
- Collects and analyzes feedback from the Vizgen team and makes recommendations on program changes.
- Develops and administers a comprehensive annual performance review process.
- Leads the presentation of benefits orientations and related benefits training.
- Administers all benefits programs on behalf of the Company and ensures compliance with procedures, laws and regulations.
- Liaise with vendors and support teams to obtain cost-effective employee benefits, manages renewal decisions and forms, and monitors benefits environment for options aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, minimum of 10 years progressive experience in a Human Resources role.
- HR certification preferred
- Direct experience in a start-up environment preferred.
- Experience with setting up infrastructure to hire and support in international markets
- Demonstrate a passion for supporting others at all levels of a company, at times acting as generalist while also having the ability to provide 1:1 high level coaching.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and empathetic communication skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and also collaborate in a team setting.
- Focused attention to detail, execution of tasks, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain multiple projects and seek assistance when priorities compete.
- Must be flexible, willing to take initiative, and highly collaborative.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, conference/webinar attendance, maintaining networks, and participating in professional and STEM organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, TriNet PEO.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.