Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are seeking a motivated individual to manage the daily administrative operations in a fast-paced start-up biotech environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a quickly growing, dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, must be detail-oriented, and must be comfortable multi-tasking while seamlessly pivoting to meet changing priorities. This position will provide overall administrative and office management support to all other members of the Vizgen team. You will serve as the primary day-to-day interface between our company and its service providers, vendors, and consultants. This position requires great attention to detail, organization, and professionalism, and the ability to maintain an efficient business environment.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support as needed to key members of the Vizgen team
- Ensure that the office setting provides an overall positive working environment for all Vizgen employees
- Oversee the scheduling of meetings, coordinate conference room reservations, catering, and manage activities related to the ordering and receiving of office and laboratory supplies
- Establish effective working relationships with vendors including facilities, purchasing, IT, HR, finance, legal service providers and other stakeholders
- Oversee budgeting, reconciliation, and expense reporting as needed
- Work with the team to assist with prospective candidates, including interview scheduling, travel support, and logistics
- Manage and support the onboarding of new hires
- Manage correspondences and logistics with internal and external visitors
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date safety documentation, including safety and evacuation policies and certification of safety training completion by site employees
- Draft, design, and edit corporate files as needed, including external & internal presentations and meeting materials, data graphs, as well as board books
- Manage office systems including document control, filing systems, and information systems
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 plus years office management experience with proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred; biotech experience will be favorably considered.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver on the most critical assignments on time and within budget.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks
- Must possess the ability to work both collaboratively as well as independently while maintaining a high standard of confidentiality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with experience setting up systems and databases.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.