Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Technology and Partnerships and working closely with Vizgen’s wet lab team, the Computational Biologist will be responsible for evaluating strategies for extracting biological insight from Vizgen’s spatially resolved transcriptomic data, helping Vizgen’s customers interpret and ingest Vizgen data, and building tools to automate the most commonly used analysis tools. We are seeking a bioinformatician with strong experience in quantitatively evaluating genomic data and image processing.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Quickly build, prototype and test code with an appropriately high level of engineering and good coding practices
- Evaluate and run algorithms for bio-sequence and spatial data analysis to determine which tools best extract biological insight from Vizgen’s data
- Facilitate data ingestion by Vizgen customers by communicating best practices and data analysis recommendations to meet their scientific goals
- Coordinate with experimental teams to ensure analysis results are intuitive, easy to use, and efficiently addressing scientific questions
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- 4+ years of bioinformatics experience in the life sciences research industry
- Advanced degrees in relevant scientific disciplines strongly preferred
- Extensive background analyzing data from sequencing (single cell and bulk) and imaging (FISH and IHC) experiments.
- Extensive experience in Python and experience working in cloud computing environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Enjoys working in entrepreneurial but collaborative team-oriented environment
- Highly proficient in the use of business platform tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, project management tools, documentation control, and other relevant software applications
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.