Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Technology and Partnerships, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for evaluating strategies for building pipelines for processing Vizgen’s spatially resolved transcriptomic data and building tools to facilitate data transfer, analysis, and visualization. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with strong experience in build reliable and robust pipelines for processing biological data.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Rapidly build, prototype and test code with an appropriately high level of engineering and best coding practices
- Build new software infrastructure and robust pipelines for bio-sequence analysis and image processing, including real time analysis.
- Design and expose well tested APIs to UI components and other software tools for efficient integration.
- Coordinate with hardware and wet lab teams to ensure software is efficiently addressing the scientific needs.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- BS/MS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, computational biology or related computational field
- 6+ years of experience building robust and responsive software
- Experience working and deploying tools in both local and cloud based environments
- Familiar with python and other commonly used programming languages
- Demonstrated ability building pipelines for analyzing biological data and images
- Excellent communication skills with strong work ethic and motivation
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.