Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Associate Director, Software Development, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring robust development and deployment of Vizgen’s software products. We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with strong experience in building and deploying reliable and robust software tools locally and on the cloud with rigorous testing and continuous integration.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Drive the implementation and use of continuous integration and deployment tools to deliver new software updates at a cadence.
- Work with developers and quality assurance to incorporate test automation into specific build workflows.
- Provision and manage cloud-based resources (AWS) as needed.
- Ensuring robust testing and smooth deployment for all of Vizgen’s software products.
- BS/MS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, computational biology or related computational field
- 5+ years of experience leading DevOps initiatives
- Extensive experience building and deploying tools in both local and cloud-based environments
- Experience with CircleCI & Git
- Excellent communication skills with strong work ethic and motivation
- Experience in a product development company
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Familiarity with genetics & genomics
- Hands-on experience with scientific instrument software
- Startup experience a plus
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.