Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Technology and Partnerships, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring robust development and deployment of Vizgen’s software products. We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with strong experience in building and deploying reliable and robust software tools locally and on the cloud with rigorous testing and CI.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Rapidly build, prototype and test code with an appropriately high level of engineering and best coding practices
- Ensuring robust testing and smooth deployment for all of Vizgen’s software products
- Implement new features into Vizgen’s software products to enable our next generation spatial genomics technology
- Coordinate with hardware and wet lab teams to ensure software is efficiently addressing the scientific needs.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- BS/MS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, computational biology or related computational field
- 6+ years of experience building robust and responsive software
- Extensive experience building and deploying tools in both local and cloud based environments
- Familiar with python and other commonly used programming languages
- Excellent communication skills with strong work ethic and motivation
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.