Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Scientific Affairs and working closely with Vizgen’s wet lab team, the research associate will help optimize and develop sample processing and imaging protocols for spatial genomic profiling, establish quality control assays, help with sample processing, and contribute to the development of commercial reagents pipeline. The successful candidates will have demonstrable background in related fields and the enthusiasm to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Optimize and develop reagent kits associated with spatial genomic profiling pipeline
- Standardize and establish quality control assays for the developed reagents
- Help with sample processing and validation of developed reagents
- Help with reagent production and stocking
- Analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports/presentations for the team
- Contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio by documenting results and filing for IP protection
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Bachelor or master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related biological sciences required. 2+ year wet lab experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and imaging protocols (fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, single-molecule imaging, flow cytometry, cell culture, tissue sectioning, NGS library construction, RNA-seq, cell transfection, antibody-labeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with in-situ molecular biology protocols (immunohistochemistry or FISH) and fluorescent microscopy imaging is a plus
- A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work, with attention to detail. Capable of communicating the work clearly among the team
- Some computational literacy is a plus
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.