About Carmine Therapeutics
Carmine Therapeutics is an Esco Ventures X company pioneering a powerful new class of drugs based on engineered red blood cells extracellular vesicles (RBCEVs), founded by Esco Ventures and Professors Harvey Lodish, Minh Le, and Jiahai Shi. Carmine's proprietary Red Cell EV Gene Therapy (REGENT™) platform is positioned to address some of the unmet technological needs related to the delivery of next-generation therapeutic modalities such as nucleic acids. Carmine was awarded the 2019 Bristol-Myers Squibb's Golden Ticket to LabCentral (Cambridge, MA) and has established a research collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals in a deal worth over $900M USD. The Company is well-capitalized to develop next-generation non-viral gene therapies to overcome most AAV-based gene therapy limitations. Carmine is based both in Cambridge, MA, and Singapore.
About the Role
The CMC Team in Cambridge is seeking a Senior Research Associate. The candidate will work in the EV Production Center under the VP of CMC's direction to create high-quality RBCEVs that form the foundation of our Research and Development efforts. The candidate will work closely with the Discovery, Biology, and Downstream Purification groups to align RBCEV needs and optimal purification strategies for RBCEV generation.
Experience & Qualifications
- Coordinate RBCEV material needs across Carmine functions with the assistance of the VP of CMC, and purify RBCEVs using existing protocols for use in studies across the Company
- Train incoming group members on current RBCEV purification processes
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining external CMO relationships with commercial partners should external support be needed based on demands
- Support the continued creation and expansion of the company’s intellectual property
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- A purification scientist with a B.S. or M.S. in bioengineering or a related scientific discipline and 2-5 years of experience in purification in an industry setting, with novel modality experience preferred
- A quality-focused approach to both purification and documentation is essential; as such, prior experience in a Manufacturing or Quality Control setting is an advantage
- Experience in the following would be an asset: AKTA purification, UF/DF, or TFF
- Knowledge of gene therapy/nucleic acid delivery/extracellular vesicles is an advantage
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution-focused with a strong work ethic, and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment