Want to revolutionize gene therapy? Join us!
Ascidian Therapeutics is a rapidly growing Boston-based biotech startup that uses unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
Gene therapy is entering an exciting and new era. Our approach overcomes limitations that previous technologies could not. Our goal is to revolutionize gene therapy to enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
Your Role on the Team
- Be a science leader in the Translational Science team to support our novel gene therapy discovery and development platform
- Lead in vitro and in vivo studies for lead and clinical gene therapy candidates
- Be a key liaison to represent Ascidian Therapeutics to drive the design and execution of experiments with strategic collaborators and contract organizations
- Help to create an entrepreneurial and creative culture that will deliver transformational therapies to patients
- Contribute to our diversity, company culture, and positive work environment
- Work closely with colleagues across functions to advance projects
- Independently lead in vitro and vivo studies for our novel gene therapy discovery and development programs including pivotal proof-of-concept experiments
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to design bioanalytical experiments to evaluate our novel therapeutic molecules and solve challenging problems
- Produce, review, interpret, and document experimental results and communicating data to cross-functional teams
- Support development, technology transfer, communication, and monitoring of external partnerships
- Ph.D. in the life sciences with 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical field
- Prior experience in coordinating studies with external partners/CROs is highly desired
- Prior experience with in vivo studies utilizing small and large animal models is desired
- Expertise in gene therapy discovery and/or development and RNA biology
- Knowledge of molecular, biochemical, and cell biology and immunology assay development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.