Want to revolutionize gene therapy? So Do We!
Ascidian Therapeutics is a rapidly growing Boston-based biotech startup that uses a unique molecular approach to tackle disease areas that current technologies in the gene therapy landscape cannot address. Using cutting edge science, our goal is to revolutionize gene therapy and enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
Your Role on the Team
This role reports directly to VP, Scientific Strategy and Operations and this individual will play a vital role in the overall safety of the laboratory and will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the lab. The Operations Manager will order, receive, maintain and inventory laboratory supplies as well as collaborate with R&D members to provide general laboratory support.
- Liaison to the Safety Officer
- Ensure that all lab personnel are properly trained before laboratory access is granted and that their training is kept current
- Arrange for access (card authorization, keys, combinations, etc.) to the appropriate labs
- Maintain records of who has access, and remove access to lab personnel whose safety training has lapsed;
- Conduct informal research lab inspection periodically throughout the year and institute EHS official inspections (via a contractor), with follow up with lab personnel regarding any action items
- Oversee and manage lab waste disposal
- Shipping and receiving
- Assist scientists with shipping of materials with a particular focus on chemical and biological sample shipping.
- Receive packages and ensure appropriate handling/storage
- Manage daily operations of the lab and team, supervise and conduct lab maintenance, including lab reagents, lab supplies, equipment service, cleaning of incubators and BSC, and routine freezer defrosting as needed
- Provide training, monitors and oversees internal data audits to ensure best-practices with respect to electronic laboratory notebook
- Act as the key contact for all facility management needs
- Including issues with HVAC, electricity, plumbing, cleaning etc.
- Communicate key information such as delivery timing, power outages, and repair/maintenance updates
- Ensure appropriate response plans are in place for unforeseen equipment failures
- Oversee a lab assistant
- BS or MS in a life sciences-related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant lab management experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Experience as biosafety or chemical safety officer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Eagerness to work in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Proficiency in MS Office with database/spreadsheet experience