Want to revolutionize gene therapy? Join us! Ascidian Therapeutics is a rapidly growing Boston-based biotech startup that uses unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
Gene therapy is entering an exciting and new era. Our approach overcomes limitations that previous technologies could not. Our goal is to revolutionize gene therapy to enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM
We are seeking a Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist / RNA Biologist, to be based in our Boston-area location, who will:
- Analyze NGS data to identify promising therapeutic molecules
- Develop new analytical approaches, e.g., via machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Construct analysis pipelines
- Collaborate closely on a small, talented team of computational biologists and biologists.
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- Develop NGS/bioinformatic/analytical pipelines
- Interrogate processed NGS data through plotting and statistical analysis
- Design and interpret experimental data in the context of biology
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to code in R
- Experience with functional genomic data, e.g., RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq, Ribosome profiling, and Massively Parallel Reporter Assays
- Ph.D in Bioinformatics, Biology, or related discipline
- Postdoctoral experience in bioinformatics or biology
- Fluency in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Skill in simulations / in silico experimentation
- Experience in cloud computing, Matlab, Perl/Python, Unix
- Fluency in other programming language and databases, e.g. C++, Java, SQL
- Experience conducting biological (wet-lab) experiments (e.g. PCR, RNA-seq library preparation, protein analysis)
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.