Research Associate, NGS
Want to revolutionize gene therapy? So Do We!
Ascidian Therapeutics is a rapidly growing Boston-based biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
Gene therapy is entering an exciting and new era. Ascidian’s unique approach addresses the challenges of many diseases and the limitations that current technologies cannot overcome. Our goal is to revolutionize gene therapy to enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM
Ascidian Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate with molecular biology experience to join our NGS team. The candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to generate data from various genomics-oriented workflows and assist in the optimization and validation of new technologies and procedures. The candidate must be creative, detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and be willing to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Prepare and sequence a range of NGS library types to support discovery efforts
- Develop and optimize NGS assays
- Assist with scale up and automate NGS workflows
- Work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex problems
- Maintain detailed records using ELN
- Effectively communication progress and results to the team
- Experience in RNA/DNA processing, qPCR, RT-PCR
- Detail-oriented, well organized, dependable record keeping
- Highly motivated team worker with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Prior experience in NGS library preparation and instrumental operation is preferred
- Experience in automation is a plus
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry or related field
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.