Research Associate, AAV Production and Purification
Want to revolutionize gene therapy? So Do We!
Ascidian Therapeutics is a rapidly growing Boston-based biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
Gene therapy is entering an exciting and new era. Ascidian’s unique approach addresses the challenges of many diseases and the limitations that current technologies cannot overcome. Our goal is to revolutionize gene therapy to enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM
We are seeking a Research Associate with protein/AAV purification experience to join our team. The successful candidate will maintain cultured cell lines and assist in AAV production and quantification. The Research Associate will also perform transfections and transductions to help with discovery efforts.
- Maintain cultured cell lines
- Assist in AAV production and quantification
- Perform transfections and transductions to evaluate novel libraries
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- Follow lab protocols and safety rules
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- Highly skilled at cell culture for maintaining and transfecting cell lines
- Experienced in standard molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, gel electrophoresis and imaging and cloning
- Conduct advanced protocols and procedures precisely and consistently
- Document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results
- Experienced in virus (preferably AAV) production, purification, titration, and transduction
- Experienced in protein production and purification.
- Skilled in the following Molecular biology methods:
- Standard and Gibson Cloning: bacterial transformation, culture, plating, and plasmid purification
- Western blot
- Knowledge of oligo/primer/probe/gBlock design strategies
- Sequence design and analysis software skills, such as Benchling and BLAST
- BS or MS in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- 2+ years hands-on wet lab experience
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.