Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cell Biology & Assay Development
Want to revolutionize gene therapy? So Do We!
Ascidian Therapeutics is a rapidly growing Boston-based biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
Gene therapy is entering an exciting and new era. Ascidian’s unique approach addresses the challenges of many diseases and the limitations that current technologies cannot overcome. Our goal is to revolutionize gene therapy to enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM
- Be a critical part of the analytical team to support our gene therapy discovery and development platform
- Develop bioanalytical assays for our pre-clinical and clinical gene therapy candidates
- Help to create an entrepreneurial and creative culture that will deliver transformational therapies to patients
- Balance quality and speed, working closely with other scientists to advance projects
- Support the creation and expansion of the company’s intellectual property
- Optimize existing analytical methods and/or develop new analytical methods for gene therapies
- Design, perform and document bioanalytical experiments in collaboration with discovery and development teams
- Review and interpret experimental results; communicate data to cross-functional teams
- Evaluate new technologies to characterize novel gene therapy products
- Support technology transfers to CROs and communicate and monitor work at CROs
- Meet quality, quantity and timelines in pipelines and projects
- Current knowledge in one or more of these areas with a desire to learn:
- Gene expression, qPCR, ddPCR and immunochemistry methods
- Various detection technologies, such as Western blot/ ICC/IHC/flow cytometry/ELISA
- Viral vectors, experience with AAV
- Microsoft Excel/Statistics software for data analysis
- Data analysis methodology
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, matrix environment without compromising quality and /or timelines
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Team-oriented, with a strong work ethic
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with 1-5 years laboratory research experience and experience with focus on bioanalytical assays is desirable.
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.