Ascidian Biotherapeutics is a biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy. Gene therapy is entering a new era, as the scientific community continuously pushes the field forward. But current technologies cannot overcome the challenges of many diseases. Ascidian’s unique approach aims to unlock these doors and in doing so, enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide. Ascidian is located in Boston within the brand new SmartLabs facility at 40 Guest St. in Boston, MA.
The Process Development Associate will be a key on-site individual helping to support our Boston laboratory space. Taking initiative to improve our lab environment, flexibility in a rapidly changing workplace and a can-do attitude are key success factors.
- Creation and implementation of the Instrument/Equipment Management system through the Master Equipment list
- Assist as needed with NGS library prep and AAV production
- Assist with laboratory instrument management including calibration, maintenance, and repair
- Operationalization of lab protocols and research deliverables
- Monitor inventory of laboratory consumables (e.g. PPE, pipet tips, HPLC vials etc.) in conjunction with VWR/Avantor at specific points of use
- Serve as the primary contact for receiving and an alternate for shipping working with Smartlabs
- Performing daily lab upkeep tasks
- Perform additional project work as needed
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology from an accredited university
- Some familiarity with biosafety cabinets, PCR hoods, pipettors, etc
- Interest in the Biotechnology industry
- Cell culture experience a plus
- Candidates must be organized and detailed oriented
- Ease with managing multiple projects and several stakeholders
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and the Google platform applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, GMail, GDrive, GMeets etc.) is a must.
If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every requirement, please consider applying! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking that enables effective treatment for millions of patients. Above all, we’re looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.