Ascidian Therapeutics is hiring a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics & Computational Biology!
Come join our team, and together we’ll revolutionize gene therapy!
Ascidian Biotherapeutics! A Boston-based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses a unique molecular technology to unlock gene therapy.
We want you
To join our rapidly expanding team and help us form Ascidian into a startup that takes science seriously while providing a supportive and positive environment. We’ll benefit from your skills and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
Gene therapy is entering a new era, as the scientific community continuously pushes the field forward. But current technologies cannot overcome the challenges of many diseases. Ascidian’s unique approach aims to unlock these doors and in doing so, enable treatment for millions of patients worldwide.
Ascidian is located in Boston within the brand new SmartLabs facility at 40 Guest St. in Boston, MA.
We are seeking a Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist / RNA Biologist, to be based in our Boston-area location, who will:
- Design: translate ideas into libraries of nucleic acid sequences
- Evaluate: assess whether those ideas work through analysis of NGS data
- Repeat: based on the data, originate new ideas that can be tested in the next cycle
- Ph.D in Bioinformatics, Biology, or related discipline
- Ability to independently determine what questions to ask about an NGS dataset
- Ability to interrogate processed NGS data through plotting and statistical analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with biologists and computational biologists
- Ability to design and interpret experimental data in the context of biology
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with functional genomic methods such as RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq, Ribosome profiling, and Massively Parallel Reporter Assays
Additional skills/experience beneficial, but not required:
- Postdoctoral experience in bioinformatics or biology
- Fluency in cloud computing, Matlab, Perl/Python, Unix
- Fluency in other programming language and databases, e.g. C++, Java, SQL
- Experience conducting biological (wet-lab) experiments (e.g. PCR, RNA-seq library preparation, protein analysis)