Vor Biopharma is a biotechnology company focused on development of engineered hematopoietic stem cell (eHSC) therapies. By removing biologically redundant proteins from our eHSCs, these cells become inherently invulnerable to complementary targeted therapies, thereby unleashing the potential of targeted therapies to benefit cancer patients in need. Through expertise in gene editing, HSC biology, transplants, and oncology, Vor Biopharma hopes to establish a future standard of care for stem cell transplants.
We are seeking a Co-op trainee to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Work with large scale genomic data
- Gain familiarity with performing bioinformatic analyses on cloud platforms (ie AWS)
- Work with computational biologists to perform NGS and Genomics analysis
- Provide domain knowledge in the area of genome annotation, functional genomics and comparative genomics
- Perform literature searches to inform the conception of new hypotheses
- Present your results to stakeholders within the firm
- Competency in R and/or Python for performing genomic data analyses
- Familiarity with analyzing NGS and genomic data using common tools and pipelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team; highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Flexibility An adventurous spirit, exhibiting A readiness in undertaking a task or project with considerable initiative and risk. The ability to adapt to working effectively within a variety of situations; adapts enthusiastically to organizational change and to changes in job demands.
- Communication and Teamwork Effectively express ideas in written, visual and oral context. The ability to work cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of Vor Biopharma to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Results Orientation / Productive Work Habits Drives issues to closure and gets the job done. Skilled at analyzing scope of work, as well as planning and executing a successful outcome. Understands and assigns/utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.