Revitope Oncology (www.revitope.com) is an early stage biotechnology company located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the vision to drive the development of next-generation immunotherapies to treat solid and liquid tumors. Immunotherapies are redefining how cancer is treated and are beginning to show unprecedented deep and durable responses in multiple tumor types. In particular, redirecting T cells to tumors is a successful strategy for immunotherapy but to date severe toxicities arising from targeting of healthy tissues is limiting their full potential.
Revitope is developing a new class of T-cell engaging immunotherapies designed to focus immunological activation specifically to the cancer cell surface while avoiding unwanted toxicity in healthy tissues. Our approach also expands antigenic targeting space through exploiting two antigens co-expressed on tumor cells. Revitope’s proprietary technology platform and enabling skill base lends itself to partnering opportunities as well as to driving internal programs towards the clinic. Revitope has already signed a significant collaboration and is actively engaged in discussions with others.
We are now looking to add a highly motivated and creative Scientist I or Principal Research Scientist to our growing cross-functional team. This individual will work collaboratively to evaluate new candidate molecules on our proprietary scaffolds, leading efforts to introduce new assays and new assay formats that will increase throughput and expand internal capabilities for studying T cell redirected killing, cell activation, exhaustion and cytokine production. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team developing highly promising novel biologics drugs for cancer immunotherapy in a highly collegial start-up biotech.
- Leverage your established expertise in the areas of T cell redirection, T cell activation, and cytokine analysis, and diverse assay formats to identify and introduce new assays and platforms to drive increased productivity.
- Develop a deep understanding of the pro’s and con’s for utilization of various assay formats to guide development of strategies for individual programs.
- Ensure efficient transition to new assay formats with a focus on quality data analysis and reproducibility
- Continue to develop expertise in the areas of T cell redirection and related disciplines to further drive enhancement of in vitro assay options and formats
- Take primary responsibility for instrument demo and purchase, and the education and training of scientists with new technology and/or assay formats.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with the in vitro team to execute assays and deliver high quality data to support evaluation of candidate molecules
- Process and analyze data using appropriate statistical methods and present results to Biology team and in whole company group meetings
- Effectively document experimental analyses ensuring quality of scientific data required for regulatory submissions
- Participate in priority setting discussions and design appropriate assays and plans in line with company goals and timelines
- Author sections of technical and regulatory documents to support advancement of therapeutics to clinical testing
What We Offer
- MS with 8+ years or PhD with 2 years’ experience in biological sciences, immunology, oncology, pharmacology or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years assay development experience in biotech/pharma.
- Background in the area of T cell redirection and/or CART therapeutics required.
- Technically proficient in array of in vitro assay approaches and techniques for investigating tumor killing by T cells and/or other immune cell types.
- Hands on experience with Xcelligence and/or incucyte instruments (or similar) and clear knowledge of underlying principles of operation and analysis strongly preferred.
- Strong track record in the development of novel assays including experimental design, standardization, data analysis and interpretation, and statistics.
- Creative approach to assay design and demonstrated ability to successfully troubleshoot and overcome issues associated with assay development.
- Overall understanding of preclinical drug discovery process.
- Experience in protease biology a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data from single experiments and integrate data from diverse experiments to draw clear conclusions.
- Ability to effectively plan experiments, manage timelines and set priorities consistent with company goals.
- Highly motivated strong team player.
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey strategies and scientific data and tailor messaging to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in the fast paced and changing environment of a small biotech.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team.
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.