Revitope Oncology (www.revitope.com) is an early stage biotechnology company located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the vision to drive immune-control of solid and liquid tumors. As immune-based therapies are redefining how cancer is treated and show unprecedented deep and durable responses in multiple cancer types. In particular, redirecting T cells to tumors is a successful strategy for immunotherapy but to date toxicities and imperfect targets are limiting the full potential.
Revitope is developing a new class of engineered T cell engaging antibody circuits designed to focus immune activation to the cancer cell surface while expanding the antigenic targeting space on solid tumors to widen the therapeutic index and drive efficacy in all cancers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Research Associate to join our Protein Sciences team. This individual will be part of the team that is responsible for the design, expression, purification and characterization of therapeutic bispecific antibodies and other proteins and reagents. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of T cell redirection biologics in a highly collegial environment.
- Contribute to the design and production of bispecific antibodies and other biologics molecules of interest to the company
- Clone/generate plasmid DNA constructs for expression of therapeutic and other proteins using standard and seamless cloning techniques
- Perform mammalian cell culture and transfection including generation of research cell lines
- Carry out protein purification using FPLC-based chromatography
- Perform biochemical and biophysical assessments of purified proteins
- Document, analyze and interpret experiments
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with the in vivo and biological sciences teams to effectively investigate new candidate molecules.
- Present results and conclusions clearly and succinctly to the team
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions
What We Offer
- BS/MS in molecular/cell biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline with 5+ years of experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision from manager
- Extensive experience in gene design and vector construction for protein expression
- Experience in cell culture and large-scale transient transfections
- Experience in protein purification techniques using a variety of methods (affinity, SEC, IMAC, ion exchange, etc.) is highly desirable
- Working experience in characterization of purified proteins using SDS-PAGE, Western blot, analytical HPLC (SEC), DSF, ELISA, and affinity determination (Octet) is highly desirable
- Attention to detail and accurate documentation of methods and data is critical
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to manager and senior leaders of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in the fast paced and changing environment of a small biotech.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team.
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.