Revitope Oncology (www.revitope.com) is an early stage biotechnology company located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the vision to drive immune-control of solid and liquid tumors. As immune-based therapies are redefining how cancer is treated and show unprecedented deep and durable responses in multiple cancer types. In particular, redirecting T cells to tumors is a successful strategy for immunotherapy but to date toxicities and imperfect targets are limiting the full potential.
Revitope is developing a new class of engineered T cell engaging antibody circuits designed to focus immune activation to the cancer cell surface while expanding the antigenic targeting space on solid tumors to widen the therapeutic index and drive efficacy in all cancers.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to join our Protein Sciences team. This individual will be responsible for the purification and characterization of therapeutic bispecific antibodies. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of next generation T cell redirection biologics in a highly collegial environment.
- Perform protein purification using FPLC-based chromatography.
- Assess biochemical and biophysical properties of purified proteins.
- Carry out mammalian cell culture and transfections for protein expression.
- Document, analyze and interpret experiments.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with in vivo and biological sciences team to effectively investigate new candidate molecules.
- Present results and conclusions clearly and succinctly to the team.
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions.
What We Offer
- BS/MS in molecular/cell biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline with 2+ years research experience.
- Extensive experience in protein purification techniques using a variety of methods (affinity, SEC, IMAC, ion exchange, etc.).
- Experience in characterization of purified proteins using SDS-PAGE, Western blot, analytical HPLC (SEC), DSF, ELISA, and endotoxin analysis.
- Experience in cell culture and large-scale transient transfections for protein expression is highly desirable.
- Experience with affinity determination (Octet) and/or Mass spectrometry is a plus.
- Experience in gene design, molecular cloning, and DNA vector construction is a plus.
- Attention to detail, documentation of data, and effective communication of results.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated strong team player.
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to manager and senior leaders of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in the fast paced and changing environment of a small biotech.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team.
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.