Revitope Oncology (www.revitope.com) is an early stage biotechnology company located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the vision to drive immune-control of solid and liquid tumors. As immune-based therapies are redefining how cancer is treated and show unprecedented deep and durable responses in multiple cancer types. In particular, redirecting T cells to tumors is a successful strategy for immunotherapy but to date toxicities and imperfect targets are limiting the full potential.
Revitope is developing a new class of engineered T cell engaging antibody circuits designed to focus immune activation to the cancer cell surface while expanding the antigenic targeting space on solid tumors to widen the therapeutic index and drive efficacy in all cancers.
We are now looking to add a highly motivated and enthusiastic Principal Scientist to join our growing cross-functional team. This individual will develop new in vitro assays to characterize Revitope's platform as well as therapeutics advancing in the pipeline. This is a unique opportunity to develop novel preclinical assays and adapt/evolve key assays to formats suitable for clinical analysis, while contributing to the development of new biologics drugs for cancer immunotherapy in a highly collegial start-up biotech.
- Innovate, drive and oversee the design, production and characterization of bispecific antibodies and other biologic molecules of interest.
- Lead a group of scientists, including 2 or more direct reports and manage CRO staff to increase capacity.
- Participate and contribute to strategic and priority setting discussions with senior leadership and project teams in line with company goals and timelines.
- Author peer-reviewed publications, technical, regulatory and IP documents to support advancement of therapeutics to clinical development.
- Partner collaboratively and seamlessly with the in vivo and biological sciences teams to effectively investigate new candidate molecules.
- Present results and conclusions and next steps clearly and succinctly to the team.
- Support, mentor and grow direct reports.
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions.
What We Offer
- PhD or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular or structural biology, or related disciplines with 8+ years of relevant experience in biotech/pharma.
- Comprehensive background in protein structure/function with hands-on experience in antibody engineering/optimization and protein expression, purification and characterization, and expertise in assessing protein activity and drug developability.
- Extensive experience in gene design, vector construction, and protein expression.
- Experience in cell culture and large-scale transient transfections for protein expression.
- Experience in protein purification techniques using a variety of methods.
- Experience with affinity determination (Octet) and/or mass spectrometry is a plus.
- Experience managing a team of scientists and research associates is critical.
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to senior leaders, teams, academic collaborator and partners.
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, inclusive, ethical, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team.
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.