Revitope Oncology (www.revitope.com) is an early stage biotechnology company located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the vision to drive immune-control of solid and liquid tumors. As immune-based therapies are redefining how cancer is treated and show unprecedented deep and durable responses in multiple cancer types. In particular, redirecting T cells to tumors is a successful strategy for immunotherapy but to date toxicities and imperfect targets are limiting the full potential.
Revitope is developing a new class of engineered T cell engaging antibody circuits designed to focus immune activation to the cancer cell surface while expanding the antigenic targeting space on solid tumors to widen the therapeutic index and drive efficacy in all cancers.
We are now looking to add a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Scientist to join our growing cross-functional team. This individual will develop new in vitro assays to characterize Revitope platform as well as therapeutics advancing in the pipeline. This is a unique opportunity to develop novel preclinical assays and adapt/evolve key assays to formats suitable for clinical analysis, while contributing to the development of new biologics drugs for cancer immunotherapy in a highly collegial start-up biotech.
- Act as company expert in the areas of novel assay development and transition of assays to formats suitable for clinical assessment.
- Guide design of novel assays needed for platform development and therapeutic evaluation.
- Lead small group of in-house research associates while maintaining a strong hands-on presence in the laboratory.
- Train and/or oversee research associates to develop novel assays including assay design and conduct, data collection, review and interpretation.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with in vitro, in vivo and protein sciences colleagues as well as external experts to effectively investigate new candidate molecules.
- Effectively document experimental analyses and communicate within the organization and externally.
- Participate in strategic and priority setting discussions with senior leadership and project teams and design appropriate assays and plans in line with company goals and timelines.
- Review and ensure the quality of scientific data to meet regulatory expectations.
- Author peer-reviewed publications, technical and regulatory documents to support advancement of therapeutics to clinical testing.
What We Offer
- PhD or equivalent in biological sciences, immunology, oncology, pharmacology or a related discipline with a minimum of 5-8 years in vitro experience in biotech/pharma; background in the area of T cell redirection and/or CART therapeutics preferred.
- Leader with strong track record in the development of novel assays including experimental design, standardization, data analysis and interpretation, statistics and transformation of preclinical assays to formats suitable for clinical analyses.
- Highly technically proficient in broad array of in vitro assay approaches and techniques for investigating effects of antibody-based therapeutics on cells.
- Experience in protease biology preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data from single experiments and integrate data from diverse experiments to draw clear conclusions.
- Highly motivated strong team player with experience leading in-house projects as well as studies conducted at academic collaborators.
- Experience leading and managing direct or matrixed reports and demonstrated ability to develop young scientists.
- Ability to manage timelines and set priorities consistent with goals for advancing therapeutics.
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey complex strategies and scientific data and tailor messaging to diverse audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively, inclusively, ethically and thrive in the fast-paced and changing environment of a small biotech.
This is a unique opportunity to be among the first employees at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team.
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.