Director of Platform Development
Sherlock Biosciences is an exciting new diagnostic company, based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms. We are seeking a Director of Platform Development to lead the research and development of Sherlock’s novel synthetic biology platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in synthetic biology with significant prior success in developing, validating, and implementing novel platform technologies in the diagnostics industry. We are looking for an innovative, energetic and enthusiastic team leader who will excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and cross-functional environment. This role provides an opportunity to drive development of an impactful novel diagnostic platform and has high visibility both inside and outside the organization.
The successful candidate will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics. We recently received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for our CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 kits to detect the virus that causes COVID-19. This is the first FDA-authorized use of CRISPR technology.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Build and lead high-performing, multidisciplinary team to achieve key milestones in the development of Sherlock’s synthetic biology platform.
- Develop and manage key aspects of synthetic biology platform development, including reagent development, assay development, validation and scale-up.
- Expand platform capabilities for development of novel assays on the platform.
- Develop and manage program timelines and drive achievement of key milestones.
- Contribute to strategic direction and key decision-making through technical and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to deliver novel diagnostic products.
- Regularly and clearly communicate efforts and progress to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to company’s IP portfolio.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Systems Biology, or a related field.
- 10+ years of relevant post-Ph.D. experience in technical/managerial roles with increasing levels of responsibility in the Diagnostic/Medical Device industry.
- Excellent team and project management skills.
- Broad expertise with synthetic biology technologies, molecular and biochemical assays, cell-free systems, and lateral flow.
- Experience with 510k submissions a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience leading collaborations with external industry and academic groups, and CROs.
- 3+ year of experience in managing and mentoring Ph.D. level and non-Ph.D. level scientists.
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data and concepts in concise manner to key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT
We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.