Research Associate, Reagent Development
Sherlock Biosciences, an exciting new diagnostic company based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms, is seeking a Research Associate to help develop, produce and characterize molecular diagnostic reagents. The successful candidate will be responsible for protein express and purification and enzyme characterization.
Successful candidates will join an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide through highly innovative CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics. We recently received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for our CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 kits to detect the virus that causes COVID-19. This is the first FDA-authorized use of CRISPR technology.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Produce and characterize proteins, cell-free extracts and other assay reagents
- Develop and optimize SOPs and WIDs
- Carry out assignments with guidance in planning, organizing to meet key deadlines
- Support an atmosphere of inclusion and collective contribution to projects and procedures with the team
- Communicate regularly with manager and team to relay project progress and openly discuss challenges
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Biochemistry Bioengineering or related field with 2 years research experience
- 1-2 years experience with protein expression and purification
- Experience and familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques is prefered.
- Experience with general protein production and optimization (small and large-scale) and expression analysis is a plus
- Familiarity or previous work with CRISPR based systems is a plus
- Experienced in software applications (Prism, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to troubleshoot, creatively solve problems and work independently
- Capable of adjusting to a dynamic work environment with changing priorities while still completing assigned tasks on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT
We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.