Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
The System Integration Scientist will be integral to the development of Vizgen’s cutting-edge MERSCOPE platform for the rapidly evolving spatial-omics field. The scientist will report to the VP of R&D for Reagents and Consumables and will be responsible for integrating the platform components into a robust solution and enabling new product functionality. Key responsibilities will include hands-on laboratory development, Verification and Validation studies, and preparing technical documents.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Hands-on testing and integration of the instrument's hardware, software, consumables, and assays.
- Independently design, develop, and execute verification and validation studies.
- Collaborate with other internal departments to provide suggestions, test plans and solutions to enable platform success.
- Analyze and interpret data to make technical recommendations and drive development.
- Drive new products from research concepts to commercial release.
- Troubleshoot, investigate and solve system level performance issues.
- PhD with 2+ years relevant experience or B.Sc/M.Sc 6+ years relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in system integration and/or product development processes in an industry setting
- Familiarity with design, development, verification and validation of instrumentation, consumables and workflows.
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO:9001
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and/or imaging protocols (fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, single-molecule imaging, flow cytometry, cell culture, tissue sectioning, NGS library construction, RNA-seq, cell transfection, antibody-labeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with in-situ molecular biology protocols (immunohistochemistry or FISH), fluorescent microscopy imaging, microfluidics, or software development are a plus.
- A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated statistical data analysis and system level troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of communicating the work clearly among the team.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.