Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to manage the worldwide shipping, receiving, warehousing and logistics for Vizgen products and service parts. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Logistics Manager will work closely with our suppliers, distributors, sales, customer care, and customers to ensure on time, high-quality delivery at reasonable cost. The role requires expertise and knowledge in logistics administration, domestic and international import / export documentation, and transportation carriers for ground and air shipment.
- Creating the strategic approach and management for the global logistics network in compliance with industry and country/region regulations and aligned with the business process owners.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, contract storage partner and outside logistics organizations to ensure timely shipment and delivery of product.
- Communicate shipping status and order visibility information as required to both internal and external clients, monitoring ship information, closing of shipped orders, order status, etc.
- Schedule outgoing shipments with approved carriers to successfully meet ship dates.
- Communicating with couriers and support business operations with contracted couriers to ensure uninterrupted business activities.
- Preparing accurate bills of lading and packing slips, arranging for necessary shipping documentation and contacting customs officials to effect release of shipments.
- Providing routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Identify suitable carriers for meeting Vizgen requirements for both large pack and small pack items including cold chain logistics and expedited services.
- Understand shipping requirements and provide documentation for international import /export.
- Examining invoices and shipping manifests for conformity of tariff and customs regulations and report challenges.
- Conducting analysis on shipping quality incidents as needed.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of logistics experience
- Familiarity with the Life Sciences industry and handling large instruments, reagents, and consumables
- Mastery of outsourced warehousing and logistics management
- Knowledge of international shipping regulations, including import/export, licensing and product labeling requirements
- Possess excellent attention to detail, project and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities with aggressive timelines
- Strong working experience with SharePoint, electronic Quality Management Systems, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Friendly with excellent communication skills for external and internal interactions
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and incorporating multiple points of view
- Prior experience working in ERP systems
- Prior experience in GxP regulations, quality systems, and guidance documents with particular focus on packaging and distribution practices
- Ability to solve problems by applying a combination of best practices and creative solutions while proactively spotting areas for improvement contributing to a plan for resolution
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.