Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
As we launch of our first commercial products, we have an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Accountant, reporting to the Controller. This key financial position will be committed to partnering with many departments within the Company and work with the Controller to continue building a high performing finance organization. This is a terrific opportunity for an extremely motivated individual looking to broaden their operational knowledge by having exposure to tasks across multiple accounting sub-functions, including FP&A, technical accounting, process improvement and information system optimization.
- Perform financial close activities such as journal entry preparation, account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, preparing or reviewing accrual entries, etc.
- Prepare financial statements for monthly board report
- Manage accounts receivable and payroll; oversee AP administration
- Assist the Controller with preparation of monthly revenue recognition and deferred revenue entries
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Work in partnership with other functional areas (production, customer care), continuously collaborating to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
- Assist the Controller in coordinating annual audit activity
- Cross train with other team members to ensure coverage of all accounting areas.
- Cross train to be able to act as backup for other essential accounting functions
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
- Other responsibilities as normally required of accounting staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy required; minimum of 3-5 years of work experience, ideally a mix of public and private accounting in the life science industry
- Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting; CPA preferred
- Experience using NetSuite or other similar ERP
- Strong GL accounting experience, comfortable with any account on the balance sheet
- Ability to analyze accounts, create or approve adjusting entries and close the books monthly
- Strong analytical skill sets and proactive approach
- Incredibly detail-oriented and results driven
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed / self-initiated work
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Exemplary planning and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Willingness to be hands on and get heavily involved in transaction details
- Must be able to work at the Company’s office in Cambridge, MA
Other Desired Attributes
- Strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business acumen and self-confidence to make decisions
- Quick learner with a high level of energy and commitment, drive and ambition.
- Ability to build relationships and influence decision-making in a fast-paced environment
- Appreciation and passion for the goals of the organization and personal achievement
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.