Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Planning and Purchasing Manager, the Category Lead for Contract Manufacturing will be primarily responsible for managing the relationship with Vizgen’s CM partners. This individual will be responsible for working closely with the Vizgen’s Manufacturing Engineer(s) to ensure continued, successful production of our contracted product. This individual will serve as a technical and administrative representative from Vizgen to our CM partners
- Serve as the primary interface between Vizgen and our CMs to ensure attainment of build plan and overall cost, delivery and quality performance;
- Prioritize, escalate, and lead RCA action on any and all issues impacting build schedules;
- Monitor and manage consigned inventory to enable all forward build needs and CM material readiness;
- Build performance metrics, launch to CMs, and work with the CM’s teams to ensure regular improvement against these metrics;
- Identify and advance cost projects with CMs to support productivity cost attainment targets and establish a strong cost savings project pipeline;
- Identify and advance process improvement projects with CMs to support continued build attainment targets and establish a strong pipeline for continuous improvement;
- Coordinate CM Performance Reporting, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), and an annual audit cycle with Vizgen team members and CMs;
- Develop long-term sourcing strategies for this category;
- Support key qualifications of supplier materials and subcontracted processing services;
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend category suppliers as necessary to support production program needs;
- Negotiate supply agreement(s) with all CMs as needed to enable the best costs, service, and quality for Vizgen’s product line(s); and,
- Participate in new product launch meetings and own all NPI purchasing activity.
- At least 5+ years applied experience as a Senior Buyer or Category Manager with a category responsibility environment, ideally with an annual $10M+ spend responsibility;
- Skilled at contracting with major supply partners and experienced in commercial negotiations and agreement development ;
- Skilled at supply partner risk analysis and related mitigation strategies;
- Experience working as a liaison between Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and supply partners to introduce new products and lead continuous improvement projects;
- Ability to independently lead cross-functional Sourcing materials projects to completion;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across internal departments and with external partners;
- Experience with Operations best practices such as LEAN, Kaizen, 5S, and Six Sigma;
- Comfortable with single-source negotiations, managing conflict, and escalating issues when appropriate;
- Highly motivated and organized individual with sharp analytical and process mindset ;
- Experience with ERP - NetSuite preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, macros, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and macro coding.
- Experience utilizing Tableau and/or PowerBI desired.
- Demonstrated cost reduction experience and track record with a range of categories and projects; and,
- Willing to travel periodically both domestically and internationally.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.