Theseus Pharmaceuticals is passionately committed to improving the lives of cancer patients by working to outsmart cancer resistance. Led by a team of targeted oncology pioneers with a proven track record developing and commercializing cancer therapeutics, we are developing the next generation of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs): “pan-variant” targeted therapies that address all known drug resistant mutations. We believe a pan-variant approach is the only way to address cancer resistance. Our lead program, THE-630, is a pan-variant KIT inhibitor for patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), whose cancer has developed resistance to earlier lines of kinase inhibitor therapy. We are also developing a fourth-generation, selective epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor to address C797S-mediated resistance to first- or later-line osimertinib treatment in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). For more information, visit theseusrx.com or follow the company on LinkedIn.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will be a key member of the finance team, responsible for processing the daily volume of core accounting transactions. The individual will have an exciting opportunity to learn the foundations of operational finance and build upon them to help Theseus and the finance team forge ahead in achieving future growth and success. Excellent growth potential is expected in this role.
Assist in month-end close process:
- Account reconciliations for balance sheet and certain expense accounts
- Assist with transaction support for auditors for quarterly review and year end audits
- Assist reconciliations for system integrations between NetSuite, Concur, Payroll Bank Details
- Assist on ad hoc reporting and projects as assigned
P2P transaction support:
- Purchasing – PO support for team
- Accounts payable coverage for input and transaction detail
- Coordinate weekly check runs
- Review of expense account, program and department coding
- Communications with Vendors and teams related to P2P process, including missing bills, issue resolution, coding corrections etc.
- Applying invoices to POs – running PO analysis for teams
- Support accounting manager in month end accrual / prepaid and expense analysis by Vendor
- Maintain Vendor details, banking information, W9s, and issuance of annual 1099’s
- File Maintenance and Organization of Contracts and Vendor Documentation
Manage of Expense Report Process:
- Administration for Concur expense application
- New Hire set-up and employee changes
- Assist with monthly Corporate Credit Card Reconciliations
Payroll and Benefit Processing Support:
- Contact / Liaison with HR related to documentation and set-up for new hires, terminated employees, leave, and other employee changes
- Monthly / Quarterly Payroll reconciliations
- Monthly Benefits reconciliations
- Maintain time allocation reports
- Create / Review Journal Entry for Payroll and Benefits and insure proper department and program allocations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience in key accounting transaction areas, including Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting, account reconciliations, and Payroll
- Experienced team able to train where gaps for the willing and motivated candidate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism working with all levels of management
- Ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and suppliers
- Good organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and a sense of urgency for follow through on projects, especially for meeting project and SEC deadlines
- Responsiveness and high level of commitment to areas of responsibilities, and sense of urgency when working towards reasonable deadlines
- Computer skills in Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, and Excel) a must
- Experience in NetSuite, Concur, a plus
- Experience in Biotech / Life Science a plus
- This position will play a key role in small start-up finance function– great opportunity to learn, grow and to work with experienced team members.
Candidates should be aware that Theseus Pharmaceuticals requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. Theseus is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Theseus Pharmaceuticals is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.