Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Vizgen is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support the ongoing development of our MERSCOPE spatial transcriptomics platform. We are seeking an experienced engineer who specializes in hardware design and development for embedded environments. The qualified candidate should have strong hands-on experience with sensors, motion control, electrical for control systems, and ideally a background in research tool definition, design, and development.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Conceptualize electrical/electronic designs
- Lead design of electronic circuits and imaging sensors, PCB design, EMC compliance
- Develop and optimize firmware and GUI applications
- Provide technical information and documentation for product manuals
- Support product engineering and volume manufacturing
- Add enhancements or functionality
- Sustain and design product improvements as needed
- Help investigate new technologies for future products
- Bachelor's degree (Electrical Engineering preferred) and a minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Master's degree and 4+ years of experience or PhD with two years of industry experience
- Experience in electronics and embedded system design
- Expertise with microcontroller's firmware & GUI development, Strong C/C++, LabVIEW, QT, or python knowledge
- 5+ years experience in industry, ideally working with medical devices or life science tools
- Experience with imaging systems, ideally in the life science tool space
- Design and optimize electrical sensors
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.