Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are looking for a Technical Writer who is creative, passionate, collaborative and results oriented to join our team. The Technical Writer will produce scientific and technical documentation and content about MERSCOPE equipment to support teams ensuring the high quality and reliability of our cutting edge technology. The individual will work cross-functionally within Vizgen, partnering with colleagues in Manufacturing and Engineering to produce detailed document portfolios with key product and technical information. They will work closely with R&D, Customer Care, and Marketing teams in an Agile development environment to create and deliver high-quality end-user documentation to Vizgen customers . They will develop, write, and edit scientific and technical material for manuals, protocols, white papers, case studies, release notes, implementation guides and interactive training and videos for customers.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups, including R&D, engineers, software, product management, marketing, and other team members to understand the technology and customer needs to develop impactful content/documentation
- Produce high quality technical end-user documentation to support products related to cell biology, molecular biology, sample preparation, cell analysis, and protein biology.
- Create customer-facing user documentation, including protocols, instructional manuals/tutorials, white papers, case studies, grant support documents, and other guidance documentation to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Help ensure resources and timelines align with stakeholder needs.
- Collect feedback and mediate conflicting or confusing statements to provide continuous documentation improvements.
- Evaluate content for organization, clarity, language/grammar, consistency, and scientific accuracy.
- Work efficiently and accurately within the established workflow process for document review, approval, release and publication. Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Working with the creative team, synthesize illustrations and/or videos for user documentation which aid in simplifying complex scientific concepts.
- Manage multiple projects with multiple documents simultaneously.
- Follow all company processes, style guides, templates, and brand guidelines.
- Lead departmental special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field, technical communication, or equivalent subject matter required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years technical writing experience in a scientific environment required.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in life sciences industry preferred.
- Lab experience a plus.
- Wide knowledge of the intellectual material, analytic concepts, and results that are central to Vizgen’s product landscape, such as molecular biology, gene expression, immunohistochemistry, and/or microscopy.
- Demonstrated experience writing common forms of scientific documentation (protocols, study reports, quick guides/brochures, safety updates, white papers, conceptual guides, journal articles, grants and/or educational material)
- Ability to interpret and present data and other complex information.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail related to consistency, grammar, syntax, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Well-organized: ability to prioritize tasks, to work simultaneously on multiple projects, and to complete high quality documents according to tight timelines.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Independently motivated, and good problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work with multiple contributors to produce a final unified document.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and experience and skill performing medical and scientific literature searches.
- Strong project management skills.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.