About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Sample Management Associate to join the Research and Development department to support ongoing and future Vedanta clinical trials and translational medicine (TM) collaborations, manage in-house sample biorepositories, and coordinate sample analyses. The candidate will play a key role in facilitating the collection, tracking, and analysis of exploratory clinical samples to support the development of Vedanta Biosciences’ portfolio of Live Biotherapeutic Products (LBPs). We are looking for an individual who is independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and excited to collaborate with Vedanta’s diverse team of researchers. Open to candidates with different levels of experience. The job title and level will correspond to the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate shipments of samples from translational medicine (TM) collaborations
- Work with research team leads to facilitate and manage interactions with TM collaborators
- Coordinate shipments of Vedanta clinical trial samples
- Maintain in-house sample biorepositories in LIMS and participate in sample reconciliation
- Facilitate and manage external lab vendor and TM collaboration contract agreements
- Organize and/or attend internal meetings and report on progress toward assigned tasks
- BA/BS in sciences major with 1 - 3 years of research/sample management experience in academic or industry setting.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with preferred experience communicating across teams
- Working experience with word processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) experience desired
- Ability to effectively manage multiple timelines in a fast-paced work environment