Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Planning and Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will be primarily responsible for managing all tactical purchasing to support both internal and external manufacturing operations. This individual will be responsible for working closely with the Production Planner to understand all forward raw material and consigned inventory needs and will be responsible for executing and tracking all orders against such items. This individual will also be responsible for consolidating and owning all purchasing operations across the organization.
- Own and execute against all purchasing needs supporting internal and external manufacturing, including consigned material purchasing;
- Manage, track, and execute orders on consigned inventory, and provide leadership with recommendations on forward stocking of such inventory;
- Build and/or manage an MRP to the Planning and Purchasing team (and Operations team overall);
- Mitigate schedule adjustments, raw material shortages and other supply challenges that negatively implicate forward production attainment;
- Lead as a core team member on the launch of MRP through Vizgen’s ERP system, acting as the secondary DRI for all communications with Vizgen’s consultant on this program, with the aim of: enabling the MRP module in its entirety such that all production and purchasing planning is driven from Vizgen’s ERP, attending and documenting all training sessions hosted by the external consultants, and training the internal team on the MRP and any functions relying on cross-functional involvement;
- Co-own, with Manufacturing leadership and the Production Planner, a weekly Manufacturing stand-up to detail forward forecasts and fulfillment needs, forward raw material needs, and inventory coverage and shortages;
- Consolidate, own, and develop processes for all tactical purchasing operations, including non-managed consumables for manufacturing, lab services, R&D, IT, and others;
- Own and drive action off of department KPIs built from MRP and other sources, including inventory days/months on hand, stock outs, and price variances;
- Build and drive accountability towards dashboards, whether within ERP or through external platforms (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.);
- Lead and coordinate program activities required to prevent, minimize or eliminate purchasing delays and impacts; and,
- Participate in new product launch meetings and own all NPI purchasing activity.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Life Sciences related field, is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of business experience in purchasing required.
- APICS CPIM certification preferred.
- Experience with ERP - NetSuite preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, macros, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and macro coding.
- Experience utilizing Tableau and/or PowerBI desired.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Assertive, collaborative and results oriented.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.