Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are seeking an experienced Shipping and Receiving Associate, whom will be responsible for all shipping duties, including picking and packing orders, and tracing orders with carriers to ensure on time delivery to our customers. This position also be responsible for all aspects of receiving of products that are delivered to our receiving dock and to assist with inventory control functions such as putting away material and Cycle Counts. The candidate will be expected to accurately record transactions into the Company’s ERP system and maintain proper record keeping of all transactions.
This position will report to the Associate Director-Logistics.
- Preparing accurate bills of lading and packing slips, arranging for necessary shipping documentation, and contacting customs officials to effect release of shipments.
- Providing routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Understand shipping requirements and provide documentation for both domestic and international import /export.
- Report on shipping quality incidents as needed
- Receive product into Vizgen’s receiving Dock, match packing list to purchase order and receive in to Vizgen’s ERP.
- Put away product into inventory, ability to perform weekly cycle counts.
- Effective and creative customer problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to handle and work under time sensitive deadlines on a daily basis.
- Ability to pick and pack reagents and instruments according to pre-determined pack outs.
- High School diploma or equivalent; and 5+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use communication methods and strategies that influence desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain credibility, trust, and positive relationships.
- Demonstrated success in working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment where an ability to multi-task is essential.
- Experience working in a clean room environment is required. Experience in medical device preferred.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, project and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities with aggressive timelines
- Strong working experience with SharePoint, electronic Quality Management Systems, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Friendly with excellent communication skills for external and internal interactions
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and incorporating multiple points of view
- Prior experience working in ERP systems
- Ability to solve problems by applying a combination of best practices and creative solutions while proactively spotting areas for improvement contributing to a plan for resolution
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.