GentiBio is an emerging biotherapeutics company co-founded by pioneers in Treg biology and synthetic immunology from Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Benaroya Research Institute, and MIGAL Galilee Research Institute. GentiBio is focused on the development of EngTregs programmed to treat autoimmune, alloimmune, autoinflammatory and allergic diseases. GentiBio’s proprietary autologous and allogeneic EngTregs platform integrates key complementary technologies needed to successfully restore immune tolerance and overcome major limitations in existing regulatory T-cell therapeutics.
GentiBio is seeking to build an organization with an exceptional company culture focused on empowerment, care for our team members, an appreciation for diversity and inclusion, and the development of our people. As such, we are looking for candidates who are not just great scientists but individuals who are looking to contribute to building and modeling an outstanding company culture – and having fun while doing so.
GentiBio is building corporate operations in both Boston and Seattle. We are looking for outstanding leaders and scientists to join our team in both of our locations.
GentiBio is seeking a collaborative and creative scientist to join our technical operations team in Seattle. This lab-based role will initially focus on developing gene editing processes for GentiBio’s first engineered regulatory T-cells (EngTregs) program. Longer term, this scientist will lead the development and advancement of novel gene editing technologies from benchtop to at-scale implementation in GentiBio’s Treg manufacturing platform. This role offers exposure to multiple facets of an organizational and company build, leadership and technical growth, and an ample opportunity to be a high impact trailblazer in the emerging field of regulatory T-cell therapy.
- Foster the culture of seeking and giving help, inclusion, authenticity, and fun
- Develop scalable gene editing processes in support of GentiBio’s first Treg program
- Define technical plans for gene editing that are in line with the overall process design, CMC strategy, and program timelines
- Work closely with the Analytical Development, Vector, and program leads to align on process requirements and deliver on the PD strategy
- Assess and select new gene editing and delivery technologies and equipment
- Provide gene editing subject matter expertise for Technical Operations to further gene editing capabilities and platform for future programs
- Contribute to process development sections of regulatory filings
- Support process transfer activities to the clinical manufacturing site as well as any technical troubleshooting
- Contribute technical expertise to new technology due diligence efforts as needed
- Communicate the outcomes of the studies to cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Research team and academic collaborators to ensure relevant knowledge transfer to and from PD
- Contribute to the build of the cell therapy development laboratory from lab layout to mapping out of process development workflows
- Manage and mentor junior scientists
Qualifications And Educational Requirements
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline with 2+ or BS/MS with 8+years of experience in biotech, pharma, or contract research organization
- Background in process development, platform development, or discovery
- Expertise in knock-in and knock-out gene editing in human primary cells
- Hands-on experience with genome engineering techniques using CRISPR/Cas, ZFNs or TALENs, and gene delivery methods including non-viral methods such as electroporation
- Previous experience with T-cell non-viral gene delivery and editing experience preferred
- Experience in T-cell process development and statistical data analysis, including the use of design of experiments (DOE) approaches preferred but not required
- Experience with analytical methods (flow cytometry and molecular assays) preferred
- Previous experience contributing to regulatory filings preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex information and focus on key deliverables
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility to pivot from plan A to plan B