Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. Vizgen is unlocking the power of spatial biomolecule profiling to bring new insight into biological systems and disease. At Vizgen, you will be at the cutting edge of spatially resolved genomic profiling, building tools to characterize the molecular composition of biological samples with unprecedented throughput, fidelity, and resolution. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Applications Scientist with a proven track record of driving successful customer experience with Vizgen’s MERSCOPE platform and integration of MERSCOPE output data with community-developed tools. As a Bioinformatics Applications Scientist at Vizgen, you will drive successful engagement with Vizgen’s spatial transcriptomic data among the research community. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing data from single-cell gene expression, immunofluorescence, FISH, and/or spatial gene expression experiments. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven individual to become an expert on the next generation of genomics technologies while working in a fast-paced, dynamic company.
- Serve as an externally facing expert on Vizgen software, data, and bioinformatics products.
- Facilitate integration with bioinformatics tools developed by external partners or academic groups.
- Provide timely and expert resolutions to issues and questions.
- Consolidate and represent customer and partner feedback to communicate to the internal R&D teams to refine user experience and ensure Vizgen customers are able to easily perform the analysis that is needed for their research.
- Help compile customer bioinformatics requirements
- Build accessible software training material and tutorials for internal and external customers running MERSCOPE measurements and partners interested in integrating MERSCOPE output into their 3rd party tools.
- Lead internal training for the sales, field support, and lab services groups.
- Aggregate information about the new tools, algorithms, and analysis strategies the community is using to investigate Vizgen data.
- Travel to meet with customers and field teams at trade shows, seminars, and technical meetings.
- 5+ years of Bioinformatics experience
- PhD in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or similar discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting bioinformatics software and pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining successful collaborations and partnerships
- Strong scripting and programming experience.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, GCP, Linux, and high-performance computing.
- Demonstrated ability to help wet-lab scientists understand their data.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Experience analyzing spatial transcriptomic data
- Experience contributing to open-source software projects
- Experience with image processing and spatial analysis
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.