Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Working closely with our computational biology team, this Image Processing Engineer will build robust image analysis pipelines and will create novel algorithms to further advance Vizgen’s MERFISH spatial transcriptomics platform. They will work closely with our microscopy, assay-development, hardware, and software teams to building production-quality image processing pipelines and infrastructure.
- Rapidly build, prototype, run and test code with an appropriately high level of engineering and best coding practices
- Select, test, implement, and optimize image processing and image analysis using both classical and machine learning methods to extract relevant signals from imaging data
- Design and implement algorithms to carry out image processing including filtering, alignment, segmentation, and feature extraction efficiently across multi-terabyte sized datasets.
- Own and maintain the image processing and data analysis software stack
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or master’s in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years professional experience successfully developing, optimizing, validating, and deploying re-usable algorithms and image processing-based solutions to challenging real-world applications, ideally in the biomedical, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical field
- Experience building software for 2D or 3D image pre-processing, filtering, segmentation, information extraction, and visualization
- Experience building and deploying tools in both local and cloud-based environments
- Familiar with python and other commonly used programming languages
- Experience with machine learning frameworks
- Excellent communication skills with strong work ethic and motivation
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.