About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
This highly visible role will drive projects across the spectrum of corporate development, competitive landscape analysis, and strategic portfolio planning. She/he will partner with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on coordinating strategic activities amongst Vedanta’s C-level executives. This role plays an integral part in Vedanta’s current and future plans for potential partnerships, new indications, growth of capital/market share, and general corporate strategy. She/he will be a true partner to the CEO and have opportunity to grow and develop as a senior leader within an evolving biotech organization.
This opportunity is right for someone that’s ready to come in, roll up their sleeves, and contribute as both a strategic partner and tactical agent. The specific title will be commensurate with the level of experience the incumbent brings to the role. Currently, this role is an individual contributor though the incumbent will be expected to influence and lead projects and people cross-functionally. There is an eventual expectation for some onsite presence in the Cambridge, MA office but currently and ongoing there is sincere flexibility to work remotely when appropriate.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Support the identification, evaluation, and execution of acquisition, investment, and partnership opportunities across a range of therapeutic areas and assets, including out-licensing/in-licensing opportunities, M&A opportunities, and Research collaborations.
- Support the drafting and negotiating of transaction term sheets utilizing creative deal structures and processes that result in business success and maximum value.
- Execute complex analytics to assess opportunities (e.g. comparable deal analysis and financial modeling) and provide diligence support for all transactions (e.g., preparing and setting up diligence files, financing documents, etc.).
- Stay current with competitive landscape; provide analysis on current and future external risks to the business relative to competitor capabilities and market conditions.
- Act as de-facto chief of staff to Chief Executive Officer. Partner with CEO in ongoing and ad-hoc key initiatives throughout the company.
- BS/BA required; MBA, JD and/or advanced scientific degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with pharma/biotech clients at a top-tier management consultancy or investment bank. Additional experience at pharma/biotech as internal resource helpful.
- Inquisitive, strategic, and analytical thinker capable of conceptualizing, operationalizing, and driving project from end to end in a timely manner
- Ability to explain complex strategic initiatives and advanced scientific/medical challenges across a broad audience
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment. Must be able to navigate the organization and build strong, mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships
- Must have experience and comfort with building and operating financial models
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions and levels.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated work style