Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Lab Services Scientific Team and working closely with other members of the Lab Services and R&D teams, the research associate will help optimize and develop sample processing and imaging protocols for spatial genomic profiling, and support the completion of Lab Service projects. The successful candidates will have a demonstrable background in related fields and the enthusiasm to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Optimize protocols and prepare samples
- Validate new procedures and products
- Support reagent production and stocking
- Perform experiments on the MERSCOPE platform
- Analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports/presentations for internal team members and external clients
- Carefully document procedures and help maintain good laboratory practices
- Ensure reagents, consumables, and instruments are in good order and operational
- Follow all safety precautions for chemicals and reagents while working in the lab and complying with OSHA and BSL2 safety standards
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Bachelor or master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related biological sciences
- 2+ year wet lab experience performing molecular biology
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and imaging protocols (fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, single-molecule imaging, flow cytometry, cell culture, tissue sectioning, NGS library construction, RNA-seq, cell transfection, antibody-labeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with in-situ molecular biology protocols (immunohistochemistry or FISH) and fluorescent microscopy imaging is a plus
- A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work, with attention to detail.
- Capable of communicating the work clearly among the team
- Some computational literacy is a plus
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- Has a high level of enthusiasm and interest in joining a fast-paced environment with rigorous science and innovative thinking
- Willingness to learn and grow as a scientist
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.