Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
We are looking for highly motivated, experienced Manufacturing Associates to join our team and help us create a world-class manufacturing organization capable of meeting the needs of our high-growth company. Working closely with Manufacturing leadership, fellow team members and support groups, the Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for executing production schedules, identifying opportunities for process improvements and assisting with the introduction of new products and processes.
- Reagent formulation and filling
- Final product kitting
- Manufacture of consumables
- Execution of weekly cycle counts of raw materials and finished goods
- Production reporting and maintenance of production databases
- Assisting with equipment and process validations and new product/process development
- Developing and implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery of products, including improvements in workplace organization/5S, daily production meetings and production workflow
- Development of robust manufacturing techniques for consistent, high-quality production
- Creation of effective manufacturing documentation and production records (Work Instructions, SOP’s, QCP’s, Batch Records)
- Training of new associates
- 3+ years of experience in a reagent-oriented biotech manufacturing role. Experience with RNA/DNA reagent manufacturing a strong plus.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in biotech laboratory techniques and common quality control methods and equipment (pH, conductivity, refractive index, etc.)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles
- High-energy, highly-motived, willing to work overtime if needed
- Strong customer-service orientation, eager to meet expectations of both external and internal customers
- Must love the idea of building an effective manufacturing operation, one that is robust and scalable and able to meet the needs of the company now and into the future
- Experience working within regulated environments (FDA, IVD, LDT, ISO, etc.) is strongly preferred.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.