GentiBio is an emerging biotherapeutics company co-founded by pioneers in Treg biology and synthetic immunology from Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Benaroya Research Institute, and MIGAL Galilee Research Institute. GentiBio is focused on the development of EngTregs programmed to treat autoimmune, alloimmune, autoinflammatory and allergic diseases. GentiBio’s proprietary autologous and allogeneic EngTregs platform integrates key complementary technologies needed to successfully restore immune tolerance and overcome major limitations in existing regulatory T-cell therapeutics.
GentiBio is seeking to build an organization with an exceptional company culture focused on empowerment, care for our team members, an appreciation for diversity and inclusion, and the development of our people. As such, we are looking for candidates who are not just great scientists and business professionals, but individuals who are looking to contribute to building and modeling an outstanding company culture – and having fun while doing so.
GentiBio is building corporate operations in both Boston and Seattle. We are looking for outstanding leaders and scientists to join our team in both of our locations.
Come build a company with us! GentiBio is seeking a self-driven, collaborative, results-oriented and creative Principal Associate Scientist/Scientist to join our Analytical Development (AD) team in Seattle. The successful candidate will support GentiBio’s first engineered regulatory T-cells (EngTregs) program. This lab-based role offers exposure to multiple facets of departmental and organizational build, leadership and technical growth, and an ample opportunity to be a high impact trailblazer in the emerging field of regulatory T-cell therapy.
- Foster the culture of seeking and giving help, inclusion, authenticity, and fun
- Develop molecular methods (ddPCR, qPCR, NGS) in line with the needs of the product and the end-user to support vector (AAV, LVV) and EngTreg drug product release and characterization
- Qualify methods as per regulatory guidance and document in qualification reports
- Develop method SOPs and support method transfer to the clinical manufacturing facility
- Collaborate with Process Development, Research, and Translational to align on the key vector (AAV, LVV) and EngTreg product attributes and best approaches to measure them
- Collaborate with peers in Analytical Development to ensure that prioritized activities (i.e. method development, qualification, sample testing, etc) are completed to a high standard in a timely manner
- Actively contribute in cross-functional teams by sharing technical expertise and experiences, and effectively communicating results.
- Participate as a molecular method expert in investigations as needed
- Contribute to the build of the cell therapy development laboratory from lab layout to mapping out of analytical workflows
- Contribute technical expertise to new technology due diligence efforts as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.S./M.S. in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline (Molecular Biology, Virology, Immunology) with 6+ years, or Ph.D. with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with analysis of on and off target gene editing with methods such as GUIDE-seq, Amplicon-seq, ddPCR, and qPCR required
- Knowledge of molecular method development focused on analysis of gene edited cells
- Familiarity with molecular assays for viral vector release/characterization and method development for release of cell therapy products preferred
- Experience with statistical data analysis and CMC regulatory filings preferred but not required
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility to pivot from plan A to plan B
- Ability to synthesize complex information and focus on key deliverables