Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Working within Vizgen's technology development team, this Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring robust development and deployment of Vizgen's software products. We are seeking a Software Engineer with strong experience in building, testing, and deploying reliable and robust software tools both locally and on the cloud.
- Rapidly build, prototype and test code with an appropriately high level of engineering and best coding practices
- Implement new features into Vizgen's software products to enable our next generation spatial genomics technology
- Address bugs and produce hot fixes at a blistering pace to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with hardware, wet lab teams, and field support to ensure software is efficiently addressing the scientific needs
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building cloud products leveraging AWS services (S3, EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, Amplify, etc.)
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong command of git and CI/CD principals
- Experience with various database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with genetics & genomics
- Hands-on experience with scientific instrument software
- Experience in a product development company
- Startup experience a plus
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.