Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager and working closely with Vizgen’s Support and Product team members, the Field Service Engineer will provide instrument support to customers in the Eastern part of North America for the Vizgen’s MERSCOPE solution. MERSCOPE is an in-situ single cell, spatial omics platform that includes reagents, instrumentation, and analysis software. We are seeking an experienced field support engineer with complex scientific problem-solving skills and the ability to understand and implement solutions to meet customer needs.
- Provide instrument and support coverage for customers in the NA Eastern territory for installation, preventative maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, and repair
- Become subject matter expert on Vizgen’s MERSCOPE technology, including instrumentation, software, network communications, and commercial integration of the platform
- Develop a working knowledge of Vizgen’s consumables with respect to how they impact the performance of the platform
- Work directly with external and internal customers to record complaints, investigate underlying causes, and identify short term or long-term solutions
- Support onboarding of new customers through installation and training on Vizgen’s platform
- Respond promptly to service requests and inquiries to ensure a positive customer relationship
- Document and track customer issues, troubleshooting, and resolutions
- Track, prioritize, and ensure issues are resolved within specified SLA’s
- Work closely with management and other team members to solve technical issues, provide product improvement feedback, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Support coordination, scheduling, and tracking of instruments, service parts, accessories, and tools
- Responsible for editing, writing, and modifying Service and Training manuals, Field Service Bulletins, and SOPs
- Support the selling and management of service contracts
- Train and support field service engineer colleagues as needed
- Travel as needed to support customers on site
- Represent Vizgen in a professional and friendly way when engaging with both customers and internal colleagues
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in biomedical, electrical, mechanical or related field
- 5+ years work experience with at least 3 years as a field service engineer in the life sciences research or diagnostic industry
- Experience with imaging, sequencing, or fluidics instrumentation preferred
- Valid driver’s license, US Passport, and good driving record
- Available to accommodate significant overnight travel
- Ability to lift boxes and equipment up to 60 pounds
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data to understand trends, customer needs and root cause issues
- Proven ability to quickly develop expertise, multi-task, embrace change and innovate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer interfacing skills
- Highly motivated and successful individual who can build and maintain a positive attitude in a challenging, and fast-paced work environment
- High sense of urgency for resolving customer issues
- Highly organized, disciplined, and efficient in meeting deliverables
- Highly proficient in leveraging technology and the use of business platform tools including Salesforce, customer support ticketing, remote troubleshooting, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and other relevant software applications
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.