Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, this Software Architect will make intuitive high-level technical decisions for software development. The ideal candidate will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. This Software Architect will lead and drive the technical framework for the development of software, systems, and infrastructure to support next-generation spatial genomics technology. We are looking for an individual with a strong technical background, excellent IT skills, and the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to refine functional and non-functional requirements from a technical standpoint
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Technically oversee the progress of the development team to ensure consistency with the initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Identify any technical debt and propose and implement mitigation strategies
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Approve final product before launch from a technical standpoint
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a software architect
- Experience building cloud products leveraging AWS services (S3, EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, Amplify, etc.)
- Experience architecting integrated cloud and desktop products
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Python, bash scripting, etc.)
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with various database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, data lake, etc.)
- Strong command of git and CI/CD principals
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Experience in a product development focused environment
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.