Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, our Northwest US-based Regional Account Manager role is intended to drive sales of Vizgen’s MERSCOPE platform and reagents. The Regional Account Manager will have strong technical knowledge in Next Generation Sequencing, single-cell analysis or spatial omics. The Regional Account Manager is accountable to achieve or exceed assigned budget goals by managing and growing a network of customers within their territory. Working closely with the Field Application Scientist, the Regional Account Manager will provide seminars on Vizgen’s disruptive technology. Coordination with other Regional Account Managers on driving market growth and adoption is required. We are looking for a passionate, team-oriented person, that has a deep understanding of the life sciences tools market and customer behaviors and enjoys working in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Identify key markets and customers to expand install base
- Achieving or exceeding assigned sales quota for MERSCOPE platform and reagents
- Prioritize important application areas and establish the appropriate KOL network
- Understand and champion the product value proposition to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify customer needs and gaps in the product offering to support the development of the company’s product roadmap
- Manage and maintain customer accounts and relationships
- Prospect for new leads and opportunities for collaboration and commercial sale of the product
- Transact deals with customers for Vizgen products and services
- Actively communicate progress updates and forecasts for opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- 5+ years in technical, capital equipment sales experience for Life Science research companies
- Specific experience and knowledge in selling Life Science research tools, including capital equipment, reagents, and software, targeted toward Academic and BioPharma customers
- Direct experience within the last 3 years and market expertise in spatial genomics, sequencing, single-cell analysis, digital pathology, RNA-ISH, or related areas is required
- Existing relationships and strong customer network in the genomics research space with academic, biopharma, and government entities
- Bachelor’s degree in science-related fields, A Master's or Ph.D. degree is desirable
- Enthusiastic and passionate product champion
- Experience in both start-up and large companies strongly preferred
- Strong scientific and technical understanding of the product platform
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized, disciplined, and efficient in meeting deliverables
- High sense of urgency for new business development
- Skilled in the use of communication platform tools including CRM, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and other relevant software applications
- Represent Vizgen in a professional and friendly way when engaging with both external and internal customers
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.