About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
The Supply Chain Manager will play a key role supporting in-house CGMP manufacturing operations and ensuring the timely release of Vedanta Bioscience’s Live Biotherapeutic Products. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, have strong team leadership, communication, and project management skills, and be capable of working in a highly dynamic start-up environment. Occasional travel to Vedanta’s production facility in Acton, MA is required.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Provide direction to materials procurement, receipt, warehousing, inventory, and distribution functions.
- Develop and implement systems of accountability to ensure ongoing, measurable performance improvement.
- Implement and execute demand forecasting and production planning processes.
- Develop tools to better understand, analyze, and communicate overall supply/demand of drug product.
- Support the development of Supply Chain initiatives and cross-functional teams in continuous improvement programs.
- Create and maintain planning and logistics metrics to enable process improvements.
- Monitor and maintain MRP settings.
- Conduct and reconcile regular inventory cycle counts and physical inventories (if needed) to maintain accurate system information.
- Ensure the timely and accurate closure of all change controls, deviations, corrective actions, audit findings, etc.
- Identify the need for new or updated departmental procedures. Develop and review appropriate SOPs.
- Coordinate 3rd party contractors and vendors.
- Assist in special projects and system maturity efforts in preparation for global late-phase clinical manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- 5-10 years of relevant supply chain experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- 2-5 years in a team leadership role.
- Understanding of applicable FDA/EMA/ICH GXP quality requirements.
- Experience with SAP Business One and/or Oracle Fusion ERP system and working knowledge of MRP, Inventory Control, Planning and Logistics/Warehousing.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and reliability in tasks requiring high accuracy.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) efficiently. Advanced Excel skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with Operational Excellence and continuous improvement philosophies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze issues and opportunities, and systematically design and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and adjust to a changing environment.