About Vedanta Biosciences, Inc.
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We believe that in the near future, doctors will have an entirely new option to treat patients: bacterial consortia therapeutics. We are enabling this new drug class with groundbreaking and industry-leading scientific work powered by large-scale capabilities to identify, screen, and manufacture bacteria with drug-like properties. Our team is at the core of all we do - and we're excited to meet new team members!
About Us, About You
At Vedanta, we value diversity in all its forms and are looking for candidates with a wide variety of perspectives, backgrounds, education, and experiences. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce builds the strongest team possible.
We're proud of our workplace culture. Our Vedanta Values inspire us to be the best professionals and colleagues possible. Our values are:
Respect - Collaboration - Execution - Effective Communication - Problem Solving - Scientific Thoroughness
About the role
The Receptionist/Office Coordinator will greet visitors and staff, manage office-related administrative tasks, and assist the G&A team with projects.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Reception: Manage phones, visitors, and building entrances; act as point person for daily seating and parking
- Office Management: Proactively review and order all supplies, act as primary vendor contact for several vendors, place business card orders, handle incoming and outgoing mail distribution
- Conference rooms: Perform daily scheduling and maintenance
- Kitchens: Order and manage all snacks, coffee, and tea; light area maintenance
- Catering: Order planning and management for meetings and company-wide events
- Ad hoc project and administrative support for G&A team (Legal, Human Resources, Facilities, etc.,)
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years’ work experience.
- Ability to work schedule of 8:30am to 5:00pm, fully onsite in Cambridge office.
- Have the ability to pick up new skills and ideas quickly and thrive in a growing environment.
- Be comfortable functioning both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and organized.
- Willingness to perform various physical tasks, stand for extended periods of time, and lift 25 pounds.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and comfort interacting at the C-Suite level.