Vizgen is a rapidly growing company commercializing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERSCOPE product utilizes MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology to image RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to our VP of Operations, the Planning and Purchasing Manager will be charged with establishing ISO/cGMP-compliant Demand Planning, Procurement and Inventory Management functions at Vizgen in support of our Manufacturing and Lab Services organizations. The size and scope of the Supply Chain organization is anticipated to expand with the imminent scale-up and commercialization of Vizgen’s groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology and the establishment of a Laboratory Services team to carry out experiments utilizing our MERSCOPE Platform for clients.
- Establish and maintain demand forecasts, incorporating external and internal demand for instruments and reagents
- Establish production plans and monitor progress of same in meeting demand requirements
- Manage all Direct and Indirect Procurement.
- Play a key role in establishing Planning/Manufacturing MRP, including establishing BOM’s and Routings in MRP for instruments, reagent raw materials and Vizgen-supplied instrument parts
- Conduct weekly Advanced Supply Chain Planning and manage the timely receipt of materials in support of production
- Establish inventory reporting to monitor raw, WIP and FG inventories and estimate production output based on inventory at each step of the manufacturing process
- Establish appropriate min/max/ss levels for critical raw materials and FG’s. Establish kanbans/re-order points for indirect materials (lab supplies)
- Manage Vizgen’s supplier base, including the development of supply/quality agreements for critical components and services
- Assist the Executive Leadership Team in establishing strategic directions for Supply Chain resources and activities.
- Build the Supply Chain team and provide training, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- 7+ years’ experience in ISO/cGMP-compliant Supply Chain (Planning and Purchasing) role
- Track record of success in achieving on time, on quality materials delivery in support of manufacturing and laboratory service operations
- Experience in ground-floor implementation of MRP systems and demonstrated ability to develop MRP-based production and inventory reports
- Track record of successful inventory management
- Track record of success in managing a diverse supplier base, including the successful negotiation of complex supply and quality agreements
- Motivated self-starter capable of excelling in a fast-paced startup environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.