GentiBio is an emerging biotherapeutics company co-founded by pioneers in Treg biology and synthetic immunology from Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Benaroya Research Institute, and MIGAL Galilee Research Institute. GentiBio is focused on the development of EngTregs programmed to treat autoimmune, alloimmune, autoinflammatory and allergic diseases. GentiBio’s proprietary autologous and allogeneic EngTregs platform integrates key complementary technologies needed to successfully restore immune tolerance and overcome major limitations in existing regulatory T-cell therapeutics.
GentiBio is seeking to build an organization with an exceptional company culture focused on empowerment, care for our team members, an appreciation for diversity and inclusion, and the development of our people. As such, we are looking for candidates who are not just great scientists but individuals who are looking to contribute to building and modeling an outstanding company culture – and having fun while doing so.
GentiBio is building corporate operations in both Boston and Seattle. We are looking for outstanding leaders and scientists to join our team in both of our locations.
GentiBio is seeking a self-driven, collaborative, results-oriented and creative Scientist – Sr. Scientist to join our Analytical Development (AD) team in Seattle in the role of a molecular method development lead in support of GentiBio’s first engineered regulatory T-cells (EngTregs) program. This role offers exposure to multiple facets of an organizational and company build, leadership and technical growth, and an ample opportunity to be a high impact trailblazer in the emerging field of regulatory T-cell therapy.
- Foster the culture of seeking and giving help, inclusion, authenticity, and fun
- Lead development of molecular methods for EngTreg drug product release and characterization
- Ensure methods are qualified as per regulatory guidance and documented in qualification reports
- Partner closely with Research, Translational, and Process Development teams to align on the key EngTreg product attributes and best approaches to measure them
- Communicate results to cross-functional teams
- Develop method SOPs and support method transfer to the clinical manufacturing facility
- Participate as a molecular method expert in investigations as needed
- Contribute content for regulatory filings
- Contribute to the build of the cell therapy development laboratory from lab layout to mapping out of analytical workflows
- Opportunity to manage and mentor junior scientists
- Contribute technical expertise to new technology due diligence efforts as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.S./M.S. in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline with 8+ or Ph.D. with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with molecular method development focused on analysis of gene edited cells required
- Experience with analysis of on and off target gene editing with methods such as GUIDE-seq, ddPCR and Amplicon-seq required
- Experience with mammalian gene editing systems and familiarity with molecular assays for viral vector release and characterization preferred
- Experience developing methods for release of cell therapy products required
- Experience with statistical data analysis preferred
- Experience with CMC regulatory filings and understanding of regulatory T cell biology preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility to pivot from plan A to plan B
- Ability to synthesize complex information and focus on key deliverables