Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Working closely with Vizgen’s Leadership Team, the Laboratory Services Director will oversee and support Vizgen’s Lab Services Operations. This in-office position based in Cambridge, MA will be responsible for the leadership of our research and laboratory staff tasked with utilizing Vizgen’s MERFISH spatial transcriptomics platform to generate high quality, reproducible data for our customers and collaborators. The Lab Services Director will join a dynamic and highly collaborative environment and will be responsible for driving operational success of our rapidly growing Lab Services team.
- Provide strategic direction and technical supervision ensuring day-to-day smooth operations of Vizgen’s Lab Services team
- Lead staff to assure that assignments are completed, roles and schedules are implemented
- Implement standard processes and experimental procedures ensuring the generation of high-quality reproducible data, and superior customer satisfaction
- Interface and present to customers Vizgen Lab Service capabilities, project status, and project results
- Train laboratory staff on procedures, good laboratory practice, and technical methods
- Oversee the inventory of reagents and consumables, ensuring all required materials are available to meet the needs of the Lab Services team
- Track and coordinate routine maintenance on critical lab equipment, including management of maintenance contracts and scheduling of necessary repairs
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers
- Contribute to the management of the operational budget
- Serve as lab operations representative in capital project design and delivery teams
- Engage in crucial conversations by providing and receiving feedback supporting the growth and development of team members
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, scientific rigor, and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced start-up environment
- PhD and at least 6+ years of laboratory services leadership and team management experience in a contract research organization
- Experience with managing biopharma projects
- Proven track record of efficiently managing laboratory and instrumentation operations
- Familiarity with diverse types of laboratory methods and techniques including, but not limited to, molecular biology, cell biology, RNA-ISH, single cell RNA-Seq, and bioanalytical characterization studies
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on data quality and integrity
- Deep knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices, compliance, quality, and data security requirements for studies analyzing patient samples
- Experience managing and prioritizing inputs from diverse stakeholders to deploy a plan that meets the needs of the business
- Demonstrated highly effective communication and organizational skills
- A willingness to roll up sleeves and solve problems directly in a hands-on manner
- An inclusive individual who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced start-up environment
- Must be a creative and proactive problem solver; keen ability to anticipate needs in a lab environment, solving problems with sound judgment
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.