Akouos is building a leading gene therapy company focused on hearing disorders. We are a precision genetic medicine company focused on developing gene therapies with the potential to restore, improve, and preserve high-acuity physiologic hearing for individuals who live with disabling hearing loss worldwide.
Restoring, improving, and preserving high-acuity hearing is an area of high unmet need in medicine: 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss, and there are no FDA-approved pharmacologic therapies to address its underlying causes.
Akouos was founded in 2016 by leaders in the fields of neurotology, genetics, inner ear drug delivery, and AAV gene therapy. Listening is in our DNA. We believe the only way to achieve our ambitious goals is to engage as one team, listen to each other, and trust in ourselves and our science.
The Manager/Sr Manager, Human Resources is a generalist role and will participate in the development and execution of all HR strategies, initiatives, and programs in support of building and developing an early-stage company. This position is responsible for working with the Vice President and Assoc Director of Human Resources, senior leadership, and partnering with Akouos employees on all aspects of human resources management including: recruiting, on-boarding, performance management, employee development, organizational effectiveness and compensation and benefits.
- Will focus on developing processes that will prepare the company for growth and will scale appropriately with that growth.
- Partner with the managers in developing an understanding of the people and organizational needs and assist in designing and executing solutions in the areas of recruiting, talent development, employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, employee engagement and rewards and recognition strategies.
- Provide advice on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness.
- Develop internal and identify external programs and services to support employee development and retention efforts.
- Model company’s core values and reinforces those values through human resources programs and practices.
- Design and implement customized training programs that are aligned with the company’s vision, values and strategic business objectives.
- Will actively participate in benefits management, human resources system and process management, onboarding & offboarding/new hire integration.
- Identify best practice workflows and streamline processes to increase efficiency across the Human Resources function and business overall.
- Ensure company compliance to applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Ensure employee records are properly maintained.
- Develop policies and guidelines where appropriate to ensure common understanding and compliance.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Organization Development or Business Administration
- A minimum of 5 years in an HR business partner/generalist role
- Strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of areas within Human Resources including recruitment, performance management, compensation, benefits and talent development
- Demonstrated ability to engage with employees at all levels to effectively deliver human resources service
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
- Possess current understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and advance in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Problem-solver with a high attention to detail and ability to execute in timely manner